WHAT IS THE NIE
The concept NIE stands for Número de Identificación de Extranjero (Foreigner Identification Number), it is a document required for foreigners who reside or have economic, professional or social interests in Spain.
It is composed of one letter, seven numbers and a verification code, it can be permanent or temporary with a duration 3 months upwards. Its purpose is to identify foreign citizens.
WHY DO YOU NEED THE NIE
The NIE is a very important document and it is used to do almost any procedure such as, for example:
- Buy or sell a house, a garage or a plot of land.
- Buy or sell a car or a motorcycle.
- Work as an employee in any company.
- Create your own company.
- Pay taxes.
- Access Social Security and the public health system.
- Contract water, electricity or gas in a house.
As we can see, the NIE is necessary to carry out any type of operation or economic transaction. Therefore, one of the first steps to be taken by a foreigner who wants to stay in Spain for a certain period of time is to obtain an NIE.
Did you know that we can apply for your NIE?
We can save you all these procedures that can be complex if it is the first time that you do it or you don’t know the Spanish language.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO GET YOUR NIE WITH US
- The first step is to ask for an appointment with us.
- The next step is to grant us a power of attorney, and it would be that easy, with a power of attorney we will manage all the procedures and we will be able to apply for your NIE.
Or fill in our form and we will contact you.